Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Go Shopping for Shoes


I hate shopping for clothing-- shirts, suits, trousers, shoes-- but I had a couple of hours between rehearsals yesterday and really needed some new shoes.

Went to shoe store. That is always a good start. (Actually this is not true: I first looked at the shoe sections of 2 department stores, didn't see anything remotely like I wanted)

Saleslady (competent and eager) "Can I help you?"

Me: Probably not, I am notoriously difficult.

SLady: What are you looking for?

Me: Well, I want a pair of shoes and they have to fulfill certain criteria: 

They have to be leather. I don't like plastic shoes.

They should be black or at least dark blue or brown.

I need to be able to put them on without looking at them or touching them with my hands, while seated in an airplane.

They need to be able to cope with snow in Minneapolis and the beach in Honolulu.

I expect to climb modest mountians in them, in hot weather, but the tread on the soles must not be so deep that they capture the mud and doggy poo....and they should be able to survive the occasional mountain stream.

They shouldn't be heavy-- there are 90 steps up to my apartment.

Another essential: they must not look out of place on the stage of a classical music concert.

In addition, it would be nice if they were very cheap.

Saleslady: (speechless)


Comments:
I see we have the same problem. When you find that pair, please let me know. :)
 
This is my experience of all clothes shopping with men. Have also given up purchasing garments for the men in my life, simply because it turns out that I don't have the finer neural networking required to pick exactly the correct black sweater.
 
And they say women are difficult, lol!

Good luck in our search.
 
awesome. When i worked in retail, i would have loved a customer like this. I wouldn't have been able to help you, but it makes for a great story.
 
We have a common problem. Greetings from a German transplant in Florida
 
Haha :) So when was the last time you actually bought shoes? And where?
 
LOL...that is funny! Somehow I can't imagine you with black or blue comfortable HIGH HEELS to play the violin???

I'm kidding...I loved how you wrote that...I honestly laughed out loud, but only my computer can really appreciate it!

I'm the other creator of Real World Venus vs. Mars with Blogging Mama Andrea!

But now I've spent a little too much time reading your blog...Darn your good writing! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?