Sunday, January 04, 2009

Holidays


It is unusual here for it to stay cold for more than a few days... but we have had a cold snap and on sunday EVERYONE was out on the various frozen lakes and canals.
I was persuaded to put on some borrowed ice skates, even though I have not been on skates for 20 years or so and was NEVER a good skater. I protested loudly that my Skaters License had expired, but I actually managed to stay more or less in a standing postion for the best part of twenty minutes.

Glorious.

The swans, who normally have complete command of the lake, were huddled resentfully in the one remaining puddle of open water, casting malicious looks at the blissful skaters.

Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Sounds like a fun day! Happy New Year!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?