Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yipeee!!! I can Fly the Flag again!

For many years, an American flag was our upstairs bedroom window. 

After the Iraq invasion, I took it down. 

Now I can put it up again.

(Assuming I can find it, that is)

Went to my daughter's house last night and we made hamburgers and drank Coke in honor of the election. 

When I got home about 11, turned on the TV and sat down armed with a bag of candy corn, a package of Cheetos, and a fifth of bourbon. Can't get more American than that.

Realized after an hour and a half that results were not going to come instantly, and I do have teaching and a performance at the opera today, so I went to bed. Set the alarm to 6:30, heard the news and said: "Yipee!!" in my best American accent.


Comments:
It feels good to be American. I happily wore red white and blue today all around town :)
 
You might have to check with Fox News to find out if you are allowed to fly your American flag...

:-)

I too am proud of my government for the first time in a long time.
 
I'm with you and the other commentators here heart and soul. After eight dreary years of what might be the worst presidency in our history, we Americans abroad have reason to celebrate.

You should have come to the Democrats Abroad election night party at the Café Central. We had a great time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?