Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Beginnings


My latest New Yorker--the election issue-- has a lovely cover picture. It somehow captures the essence of what we are all feeling now, a sense that there will be changes, but there is some anxiety mixed in.
I wonder what the cover would have looked like if McCain had won? (I am assuming they had an alternate cover ready)

Winter has arrived here with a vengeance... in just one day all the leaves got scoured from the trees and the wind brought bitter cold. Makes me want to curl up in bed for most of the day.

Spent last evening downing a bottle of nice Riesling with one of my new lodgers, a very nice young American clarinetist whom I will call Dan, who is living here because his wife decided that she doesn't want him any more. It is a pity, because they were a cute couple.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?