Monday, October 27, 2008

I am So Fed Up with Windows!

Microsoft-- despite my best efforts-- is not trying hard enough. I have a machine with all the newest updates, and every update makes the laptop slower.
Their last Service Pack rendered my computer useless for weeks, and the "help" they gave me ranged from laughable to downright wrong.
I have Windows XP, and a change to Vista at this point doesn't leave me with a good feeling, particularly because half of my software and hardware won't work with it (why they can't use backward compatability, I don't know) and I resent having to buy several thousand Euros worth of stuff just to replace my setup.

Not to mention that I have a birthday coming up and I really like the look of the new MacBook Pro...

Any opinions out there?
Comments:
I'm looking to get a Mac book to go along with my Mac desktop so I can write outside of the house. I do hate some of the software (cause I find it frustrating to use) but I plan to buy Office for the notebook to solve my issues with Mac's Pages program.

I'd got for the Mac myself. The Windows issues are the reason I won't bother with getting a Dell or IBM.
 
Get the MacBook Pro (and this from someone who spends every day on the Microsoft campus, working with -- and on -- Microsoft software).

Carol
 
i have vista and let me tell you, it's a freakin' nightmare. i'm going mac as soon as we can afford it because vista is so bad. And i've been hesitant simply because Sparky loves the mac so much, i have to be contrary.

So I'm not only giving up MS, I'm letting Sparky win. that should say something.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?