Thursday, December 13, 2007

What did I go to America to buy?




Ask any ex-pat what he misses about the home country: 80% will be edible.

These are some of the things I brought back with me (spent a blissful hour and a half in Target).
Not pictured: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (already, I regret to say, gone the way of all consumables), Triscuits (I left the packaging behind), Grapenuts (ditto), chili powder, 2 cans of Clam Chowder; a nice Merino sweater, 2 pairs of trousers, underwear, and a Veronica Mars video.

I realize that everyone's list will be different, so I would be interested in yours!
Comments:
I would buy Maryland Cookies, I think.

Here are some others' picks:

http://www.hungryinberlin.com/2007/10/02/the-things-they-carriedback/
 
You do know that KaDeWe here has ree's Pieces AND Peanut Butter Cups, don't you?

In fact, so does my cupboard right now.

And now I'm starting to feel a crave coming on.
 
You're already back?! Well damn, that was a short trip! And hey, you shoulda followed your sister back to Seattle; we'd have taken you to Ivars on the water for some GREAT clam chowder!

Carol
 
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (umm, yeah for the kids..)
Junior Mints
French's French Fried Onions and cream of mushroom soup (to make green bean casserole)
Peanut Butter M&M's
Wheat Thins
Triscuits

I could go on but it's making me hungry and homesick :)
 
Grape nuts are at the top of my list!
 
I have a running list of food to pick up in the States... always on this list are Twizzlers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, molasses, Kraft Mac & Cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, Pop Tarts, and Baked Lay's.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?