Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Family Reunion: Returned


We assembled over a period of 3 days in St. Paul, me and my son L from Germany, the others from North Dakota, Seattle, Arlington, and Hawaii. Fortunately my brother Vince has a big house!
L had never met his younger sister CC until this reunion. Really. But they turned out to be made for each other.
My other son, John, who has been living in Minnesota for the last year and a half, was showing off his brother to his American friends "like a shiny new toy" as he said. When we took L to the airport (he had a concert to do in Italy), it was emotionally difficult. John said, as we drove away from the airport, "Well, I managed THAT without crying", and then (about 60 seconds later) "..almost..." and we both broke into tears.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?