Saturday, November 10, 2007

Some reasons me and the ossie don't cohabit

 


If we were to live together, I would have to always pee sitting down. Now I don't mind that in principle; but ALWAYS? Seems like a form of slow castration.

She would have to put up with me making tea in the microwave. A disgusting habit, to be sure, but it is fast and eliminates at least one vessel from the process.

I would have to always eat smelly cheese at breakfast. She doesn't tire of telling me just to eat and not smell first, but old habits die hard.

She would be forced to witness my computer habits. I read my emails before breakfast, tatamount to a cardinal sin in her eyes.

I would have to reduce the number of grammar mistakes in my everyday speech. She cannot understand that I STILL have not been able to memorize the gender of every single German word. (And she finds it incomprehensible that I don't know all the names of plants and animals. And it does no good to remind her that my command of flora and fauna in English is similarly vague, that I still find it difficult to tell the difference between a rabbit and a hare)

The list could go on and on... does anyone else out there have similar problems?

But she has taught me what the flowers pictured above are called in German (Herbstaster), she has them on her balcony (where I took this picture last week) and they bloom splendidly every year around this time when everything else is turning brown and nasty.
Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Now see, those of us who are married have similar lists but fewer available choices! My brother and his wife live in separate houses and are each other's guests when they decide to be. Personally, I think they're on to something!

Carol
 
Sometimes I think separate houses would be a good idea, but then Rainer would run to his house every time Oliver needed a diaper change. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?