Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Fly on Saturday


Not much time for blogging these days... I do try to read your posts regularly, but don't get around to commenting much. Hope you all will forgive me!
The Family Reunion is drawing nigh, I am sure we will spend far too much energy trying to decide what to do, and less energy doing it, whatever it is! We are all congenitally considerate, a fatal flaw if there ever was one.
A family group like us needs a strong type who will consolidate the various needs and desires and be the final arbiter-- this was my father, but he died far too young from smoking--, and for this, unfortunately, all look towards me as the Eldest Son.
And my problem is that I favor spontaneity and individuality, I despise the herd instinct and don't want to encourage a large group to go in one direction. This, as can be imagined, leads to a lot of desperate dithering.
I have these horrid visions of us sitting around for hours on end, saying things like, "Gosh, it is nice that we are all together here! What shall we do?" "Golly, I don't know, what do you want to do?" "I don't care, what do you think?" "Wow, there are lots of things we could do, shall we do something?"
My brother Ned admits openly that he prefers the family reunions with his wife's family, because her father is an ex-military man and orders are simply given, to be followed without question.
Comments:
Well dang -- y'all need me, Miss-Organizer, Let's-Do-THIS, in your family!

Miss you in Blogsville these days! How about a side trip to Seattle?

Carol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?