Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Why I am not at Work this Morning

Not going into work this morning because I managed to break a tooth yesterday and have to drag myself to the dentist. He is called Dr. Schock, and he is the fastest dentist I have ever experienced. His office has three operating rooms in a row, and at any given moment all three are filled, one with a patient waiting and being prepared by the assistant, one where the dentist is working, and one with the patient recovering from the Schock.
While you are waiting, the assistant is obviously very nervous, because if she has forgotten something, or the preparation is not complete, she gets an immediate public humiliation when Dr. Schock comes in.
He hates using anaesthetic because it slows him and the whole assembly line down. "You don't need a shot while I do this filling, right?" he asks brusquely, and usually doesn't even wait for an answer, anyhow he has nearly finished drilling in the time it takes him to ask the question.
I have confidence in Dr. Schock, but it still doesn't stop my anxiety as I go to his office. Am I the only one who feels this way? One consolation, though, is that the health insurance covers these things.
Comments:
My dentist in Australia was called Dr Blood...

I kid you not.
 
I was delivered by a Dr. Payne.

I kid you not either!

(Hope it's not too Schocking!)

Carol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?