Saturday, September 29, 2007

More Travel Worries

I am off to Frankfurt this afternoon to meet up with some friends (including Jen and Sparky), will stay overnight there and fly to Tallinn, in Estonia, tomorrow morning.
As usual, all these nagging worries come up when I am travelling to a country I have never visited, and about which I know nothing:

What do I wear, what is the weather like?
are the natives friendly?
How do I change money, what is the currency called, or does one pay in rubles or gold or glass beads?

What local customs should I observe, how should I behave so as not to offend local morals?

Update:
My invaluable Contact in Estonia reports that the currency is kroons, what a lovely name!

And she notes comfortingly:  there there are no moral standards here in Stonia. We`re wild and unpredictable!
Comments:
Hope it all went well -- the trip as well as the work!

Did you see me wave to you as you were about to wing your way to Estonia?

Carol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?