Thursday, August 02, 2007

Forget Global Warming

If you are worried about global warming, don't bother. Even the worst estimates are talking about a degree or two over decades.
Much more worrying and dramatic is this.
A change in the power of the flow of the Gulf Stream can cause extreme changes to our climate; even worse would be a change in the direction or path of the stream.
And it could happen quickly.
I have been repressing thinking about this for a while, but my brother told me today that his wife, who is a long-time stewardess-- I mean, Flight Attendant-- for American Airways tells him that pilots are noticing changes in headwinds.
Comments:
I totally agree that this is froghtening and could happen soon. If the Greenland ice sheet destabilizes, Europe will be in big trouble!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?