Friday, August 03, 2007

Cordelia back in Germany

When she left Germany, she was just 5, now she is back in Cologne, ready to start 5th grade (and Gymnasium). All her schooling up to now has been in Barcelona in a mixture of Spanish and German, it will be interesting to see how she copes with the change in systems.
I am not worried though; she is one of those kids who makes friends immediately.

I had to go to a meeting and I left her at some friend's house, and by the time I got back a couple of hours later she had conquered the whole neighborhood. (she is the one in the green t-shirt.)
I have also spent some time this week at her new house, putting in shelves and dealing with various electronic problems... it is a luxury having some time to do this, because our season hasn't started yet and the Ossie is in Berlin.
It is a difficult situation with Cordelia's mother, obviously; I would have preferred something easier. The mother is a fine person but despises men in general (this even before she met me) and I just couldn't put up with the attitude. Further complications come with my present girlfriend's unwillingness to accept that Cordelia is there. (on the other hand, my ex-wife loves Cordelia and would, I think, adopt her in a second).
Comments:
She's adorable! Her personality positively shines! Hey, I'LL adopt her!!

Not sure how this all works, though, and don't want to be too nosy... She's your daughter, yes?

And she's coming to live in Cologne permanently? But not with you??

Carol
 
Yes, she is my daughter; her mother is just starting a teaching job in Cologne so they will be living here, but not at my house!
 
I was I bit confused too. Congrats on having such an adorable girl.
 
Everyone is confused, including me. It will take several generations of historians to work out what really happened to my life. Meanwhile I am trying to remember to take the garbage out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?