Thursday, April 26, 2007

Germans Learn What America is Really Like




I was given this book "Die Amerikanerin", published around 1958. The ecstatic picture it paints of life for the American Woman is wonderful. Makes me want to be one myself.
This picture is labelled:"Family Life-Evening: Daily TV watching has become a beloved habit for many Americans, and daily life without it has become unthinkable".




The Kingdom of the American Housewife. Technically and architecturally perfect, the American kitchens foster exquisite joy in cooking.




American College Girl: In America there are almost as many girl as boy students; not because they want a degree, but in order to find a suitable mate.
Comments:
Exquisite joy in cooking? Guess I missed that one.
 
Claudia missed that one because she'd gone to college to find herself a mate! (you know I'm kidding Claudia)
 
That is an interesting perspective. I found my mate after college, wonder what I did wrong!
 
I had to go all the way to grad school to find a mate. Poor me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?