Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Birthday Party


One of my former students, Katharina (left), had a birthday party last night... celebrating not only turning 29 but her new job in the radio orchestra (she will start in September). It is a great job: not only pays well but there are at least 10 weeks paid holiday per year, plus the employer pays half of health and social security payments. And there is no way they can fire you, ever.
There was lots of great food and of course a lot to drink, from some really good french wines (her boyfriend is a connoisseur) to grappa. It was a small party though, just her and Michael, plus the Ossie and me and some of the colleagues from the orchestra she presently plays with (on the right in the picture).
It is always a great feeling when one of my students has some professional success. I know I can't claim credit, but I can't have done EVERYTHING wrong.
Comments:
You most certainly CAN clain (at least partial) credit! Congratulations to both you and your student!

Not fire-able? EVER? I'm sure SHE would never need to be, but what if someone in her position should be? Why would an employer take away all options to that end?!

Carol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?