Saturday, February 17, 2007

Greece

We are back in Cologne now, but I can report that the tour was successful, the critiques were all good and the audiences enthusiastic. That said, I thought we were woefully unprepared. Or perhaps it was just me?
The one half day we had free, we walked up to the Acropolis (it is a huge a bluff in the middle of this monstrously loud, polluted city). The weather was cool but promising... then the clouds started to roll in and there was the most cats and dogs with pitchforks downpour which continued most of the rest of the day. (I read later that more rain fell in those 12 hours than normally falls in the whole of the month of February).
Still, we made the best of it and sat it out in a very simple restaurant, got to pick out our own fish and watch the woman preparing it. Lots of white wine, vegetables and Greek salad to go with it. Bill came to just over $10 each.
I love my job.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?