Thursday, January 18, 2007

Storm in Germany


In America, it would be called a hurricane.. but here, there are no hurricanes, so it is just a storm.
I managed to get to work-- we did a performance of "Barber of Seville" by Rossini; the show went very well but 3 orchestra members didn't make it and about half of the audience was also missing because of the weather. The German train system had shut down completely, something I have not experienced before. (Fortunately, the trams were still running-- I didn't have the nerve to ride my bicyle, which I usually do).
Comments:
Holy MOLY!! That picture is beautiful-scary! Did you all make it through OK? You need some warm sweaters!

It seems that the whole world is experiencing horrible weather this winter!

Carol
 
Glad you're OK. I can't believe they didn't cancel your concert. No trains at all running in Hannover last night and quite a few houses were damaged.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?