Saturday, January 27, 2007

Birthday

Yeah, today we celebrate that annual reminder of encroaching mortality...
I am honored to share a birthday with Mozart and Lord Byron, only it is a sobering thought that at my age, they had been dead for decades but despite that had produced quantities of timeless masterpieces.
Today promises to be unboring though: four hours of rehearsal this morning, listening to a competition where a student of mine is playing this afternoon, and performance at the Opera this evening.
Afterwards, the Ossie has promised to make me a nice meal. I will need it.
Nearly resisted the temptation to buy myself a birthday present... had an hour free yesterday and bought a new coat (lovely black wool and goretex, half price!), a new pair of pjs (desperately needed), and a phono preamp (so I can listen to my record collection again). Happy Birthday me!
Comments:
Happy birthday to you!! So are you older or younger than l'il ol' me?! (11/56)

I bought a coat today too -- longish, black wool/cashmere for 75% off! Also got a fancy-schmancy black pant suit, a dress and three blouses. Spent a TOTAL of $120!! I just love a good deal!

Stand still... here comes the CONFETTI!

Carol
 
Happy Birthday! Hope it was good!
 
belated happy bday
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?