Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Difficult Week

There was a lot of work to do last week, lots of concerts and performances and teaching and composing... then 3 days ago I got a pinched nerve in my neck and that brought everything to a halt. I couldn't play my violin or sleep or even work at the computer (this means I really was in dire straits).. it felt like an someone with an axe was chopping into my back and shoulder.
It is quite a bit better today, (I am back at the computer at least and did some teaching), so (just in case this is just a brief respite from the suffering) I will put these pictures up.
My youngest student, but incredibly talented: Mina has Serbian/Armenian parents and an aunt who plays in the Berlin Philharmonic. She studies violin with me but also plays a mean piano.

And a couple of pictures from the Cologne Weihnachtsmarkt, very commercial and crowded but the Belgian Waffles with whipped cream and cherries are to die for.
 Posted by Picasa
Comments:
Love the picture of the young prodigy -- especially the white tights, black Mary Janes and the feet way off the floor!

Hope your neck feels better soon!

Carol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?