Monday, November 27, 2006

I like Global Warming

Went for a nice walk on Sunday, into the farming country northeast of Cologne, the weather has been unseasonably warm, almost alarmingly so.. the trees uncertain whether to let go of their leaves or not, the birds singing in a thoroughly confused manner.
My S.O. had dragged me out there, to visit a potter friend who has a little shop in the country. One of those shops that only women can love, full of unreformed hippy smells and incense, thousands of ceramic objects that are lovingly handmade and of no use to anyone at all, things you would only buy if you already have everything you need.
Men are only seen in these shops in the tow of women. And the kind of man that does venture in is invariably weak and pathetic. I wandered around happily for nearly an hour.
Posted by Picasa
Comments:
Sounds wonderful! "hippy smells and incense" is so descriptive... and I'm sure that my 60's Berkeley roots also help to bring your words alive!

I appreciate the info about the book and will definitely find myself (and my dad) a copy. Thanks for digging deep into my blog -- to some of the better posts. Lately I've definitely been taking the easy way... but you remind me that it's time to get back to writing more substantial posts!

Carol
 
I don't blog on a regular basis, and am terrified that if I do I will become hooked on it... I need to keep reminding myself that there are other things that I need to do...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?