Thursday, November 23, 2006

Householt Hints from an Abominable Housekeeper

I don't know everything, but I keep trying to learn, and here are some things that I have discovered on my own, and I am even willing to share my priceless insights.
For example, if you rip the scroll and fingerboard off a violin, it makes a dandy handle for the cupboard door.
Slight word of warning though: try not to use the Stradivarius or Guarneri violin because they are probably worth more than your house.

Ever wonder how to store those pesky plastic sacks of which you have a million and a half? When you need one, you have to make a huge plastic pile on the floor to find one the right size...
Try this method: fold each bag in half and then roll it up, and fasten the bags together with a rubber band or a cut-up bike inner tube (they last longer than regular rubber bands). They take up less space, you can instantly choose one of the right size when you need it, and the bundled bags make an attractive bouquet for a loved one.

Another dandy solution to a pernicious problem: your laptop has too many keys squeezed together on a tiny bit of real estate, and you are a touch typist of adequate ability-- even so you keep hitting the cursor keys rather than the shift key, which are located ever so close together! And your pride precludes you from using the backspace key? Try this elegant solution: a bit of double stick tape on the keys, and stick on squares of rubber matting (like you put in the back of your car to keep things from jumping around)...Hey voilĂ ! your fingers know where they are! Posted by Picasa
Comments:
Oh (sorry, I just picked a random post to comment on!), and ragarding Tom Lehrer -- you jolted me into a powerful flashback to a 78RPM my parents owned and loved. It's an orange and while album cover with a keyboard crafted from an drawn Lehrer's "tail." (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you've definitely just chalked me up as a complete nutcvase!! ;-) )

Carol
 
Oh yes, I know that one... I discovered recently that Lehrer borrowed some material from an Austrian cabaret artist called Georg Kreisler, which disappointed me-- he was always one of my heros-- but he is great anyhow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?