Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Procrastination

It seems like when I have important things to do, like learning some new repertoire or doing my taxes, I find something to distract me. I had about an hour free a few days ago and what do I do? stop by Saturn and buy a new laptop. Not that my old one doesn't work any more, but the display hasn't been working for over a year, and I have been using it with an external monitor. But really that is no reason. No the reason is I have a lot of things that I really HAVE to do, and doing a new laptop installation is a pointless and timeconsuming activity. Getting all those pesky programs on to the hard disk, transferring all my browser bookmarks, etc.
That said, the new machine is quite nice, if not so quiet as my old one. Nice fast card reader, big 17in screen, usb plugs on all edges, and (what set it aside from the competition) a subwoofer and built-in stereo mike: this means I can use it for a lot of things without having to plug in an external sound card.
Still, it is avoidance, and I should be ashamed of myself. Selfindulgent bastard I am.
Picture is the view from the window this morning. Nice fall day.
 Posted by Picasa
Comments:
Wow, nice view!

I'm a big procrastinator too.
 
Yeah, I have terrific views from my apartment-- downside is, we are right on a main road. But on a nice day I can see the hills above Bonn..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?